Who Did You Interview?
- I interviewed my friend's sister.
Demographics That Might Provide Helpful Context for Their Responses
- Younger than me (15 years old)
- Rising sophomore at Monta Vista High School
- Lives with her brother and her dad
- Lives in a suburban city
Key Findings from the Interview
- What spaces/places do you use in your day-to-day life?
- What features define your working environment?
- What features define your living environment?
- How can you make your living environment/workspace more sustainable?
My friend's sister uses the dining room to eat meals and also to do homework. She shares a table with her dad so they can work on problems together. She also uses her bedroom as her "comfort zone," where she plays video games and watches K-dramas. She also spends a lot of time in the bathroom showering and putting on makeup before she goes outside.
She works with her father in front of her. She also has an elevated table so that she can sit comfortably and ergonomically. She has a monitor to allow her to relax her neck while working and she likes to have a small table lamp next to her. Additionally, she doesn't like being disturbed so her monitor serves as a "wall" against her dad.
She enjoys being in the family room and her bedroom. She hangs out in the family room to work with and relax with her dog. She lives in a medium-sized house (1 story), making it convenient for her to access all rooms in her home. She usually does not get along with her brother so she prefers to stay in her bedroom when playing games or watching movies.
She is interested in having more plants at home and thinks it would be awesome if she could somehow incorporate that into her workspace. However, it would have to not distract her while he is working on her studies because she is easily distracted.