Who Did You Interview?
Demographics That Might Provide Helpful Context for Their Responses
- 17 y.o.
- Currently at a high-school internship program at a university
- lives in Boston aka big city, middle-upper class
Key Findings from the Interview
- A lot of young people I've noticed would rather think about other things or focus on other priorities rather than climate change and being sustainable because the messages that climate change give off are always extreme, negative, blaming, and being sustainable can often be portrayed as daunting and not feasible, especially to minors who are still students and dependents.
- Living in a city has a certain influence on the way someone can view sustainability, again convenience and ease seem to take the lead over sustainability, especially in busy areas like the city.
- Creating an app that is fun and engaging and that keeps the user enticed is crucial to its success!