What service or app features will be most helpful to get feedback on?
- User interest, aka are they actually interested in using the app and will they continue to want to use it? — and how we plan to use this feedback
- Impact on sustainability, aka how much will users' actions and learning contribute to helping conserve and be sustainable? — and how we plan to use this feedback
- Impact on user, aka will user be motivated to help more and continue to grow in contributing? — and how we plan to use this feedback
- Usability, aka is it easy to use and navigate? Is it engaging and fun to use/look at? Or is it too complicated? — and how we plan to use this feedback
What is the best way for us to get useful feedback for each of these features? What does a useful feedback look like?
Story/user journey aspect
- Ask people to walk through a story and ask for reaction
- If we can't show a full story, ask for their thoughts on the idea, or whether they like story-based games or not and how engaged they think they would be
- Ask users if they would benefit from or not benefit from this survey, basically do they think it would help them or only limit their learning?
- Ask users how they would fill-out survey, how they would feel if they only got learning related to that one area they selected.
Opportunities/task list at the end of levels
- Ask people how they feel about the idea and whether they think people would actually use it or just be annoyed by it. Ask if user would willingly donate or do these tasks or if they would just stick to the learning aspect
- Ask for an alternative idea as a reward instead of this list
- Ask how they feel about competition in these kinds of games- a good analogy is asking whether the competition aspect of duolingo motivates them or detracts them from using the app
- Ask them for alternative ideas or ways they could stay motivated to use the app