Link to Student
Journal Entry For
Project 1 - Testing Session 1
What did you observe?
What did you observe and note as you watched users interact with your prototypes?
- I have seen that their eyes are shining with joy. I once more confirmed that even for the person who is controlling the car, it is more joyful than distributing fliers.
- I have also seen that they approved my idea of one flyer/poster might be more effective than just distributing thousands of flyer
- They also appreciate its being more sustainable
- I realized that even the people who are using social media are not following all of the clubs, society’s or association’s pages. That’s why social media announcement were also limited to those pages’ own followers. That’s why maybe we could make our robot to also contribute social media announcement/marketing so that it can at least maybe increase the number of people who those event organizers reach in every single event.
What feedback did your users share after the testing?
What feedback did your users share after they've had a chance to interact with and explore your prototypes?
- After we have discussed the social media aspect with one of my friends, she said that maybe if I design the robot in a more fancy or attractive way (by led lights or neon colors), people might like it more and even take selfie’s and post them on their instagram stories. By that those flyers and poster would reach drastically more people. More than those clubs pages, even more than friend circles. Let me give an example, if X really likes the robot and take the picture of it and post it in his instagram, approximately 500 to 1000 people could see it there. Those 500-1000 people are not all X’s friends as even our social media accounts we are following and followed by many people who we even did not know personally. We are following each other due to some common connections like studying in same school, enrolled in same class, active in same club or organization etc. So even with one poster and one people we have the potential to reach tout o 1000 people…
- Maybe we can align multiple robots consecutively so it might increase the wonder and lead to more people to turn their heads and look again and again.
- Be sure that it can also be useful in the evening hours.