Who Did You Interview?
Friend from Suzhou, and teammate from service group
Demographics That Might Provide Helpful Context for Their Responses
- Male teenager
- 17 years old
- Attended international school since middle school
Key Findings from the Interview
- What does sustainability mean to you?
- Have not considered this before
- What does the word “eco-consciousness” mean to you? If they don’t know what it is then explain (explained to them in Chinese：生态意识)
- Essentially, he thinks that eco-conciousness is how aware humans are about their environment. He believes that it is something that greatly matters for the human race, and decides whether humans will still be at the top of the food chain.
- Do you think your local community is doing well in being eco-conscious? Local community: Suzhou, China
- The local community is highly aware of sorting trash from a long time ago
- Planted a lot of plants and trees around the city and everything is green and thriving
- However, construction happening everywhere: subway, skyscrapers. These construction have not stopped for several years, causing: waste of resources, air pollution, waste of labour force, and takes up space for development of other projects.
- If I told you that a space would be created with the aim to increase eco-conciousness would you be willing to support it? Why?
- Yes, because it is important to spread eco-conciousness, the natural eco-system is extremely important for the future of the planet and the human race. Therefore, it is important to support such a project.
- What would you suggest the space be? Why? Prompt them by giving examples: A coffee shop or perhaps a library?
- Indoor Earth: Simulate the actual planet, gives some information about how some ecosystems are perishing from time to time.