The domain that I’d like to focus on is….
Sustainable behavior for individuals.
This area is important/interesting to me because….
Every living human being having their basic needs (according to the Maslow’s hierarchy) covered should be knowledgable about the multifaceted problems, which are byproducts of human behavior and decision making, such as…:
- Overconsumption and waste
- Forest fires
- Coral reef degradation: including rising sea temperatures, ocean acidification
- Air and water pollution: Pollution from industrial activities, transportation, and agriculture contributes to both climate change and human health problems.
- Deforestation and habitat loss
- Economic and social impacts: Climate change can have far-reaching economic and social impacts, including displacement of people (climate refugees)
…and take individual action. Why? Because the future is dependent on our individual efforts to have a more sustainable mindset, collectively. To not be negligible about the consequences and repercussions of our small actions, like consuming or recycling patterns. Through learning, education and habituation, the old and unsustainable habits can wear off and be replaced by new and modern practices that can fit into the requirements of maintaining and preserving the natural ecosystems, for the future generations.