Who Did You Interview?
Demographics That Might Provide Helpful Context for Their Responses
- 33 years old
- PhD student at Stanford
- originally from Congo
- Not married, no children
Key Findings from the Interview
- How often do you buy clothes? (For yourselves and/or for others, like kids or older people?) changing – usually once per 3 months
- What makes you want to buy new clothes? (peers, social media, etc.) only buy clothes when I need, usually stick to the same brands.
- Are there any time in your life when you want to save money on clothes? (Describe if comfortable?) Usually tries to spend as little as possible on clothes, as long as they are comfortable and look decent
- Where and how do you usually go shopping for clothes? Only shop online – if new brand – buys a couple of sizes based on measurements
- Do you have experience with secondhand shopping? Never bought second hand clothes, said that he just never thought about it.
- How do you take care of clothes that you don’t wear anymore? Just throw them away
- Do you have any experience with selling your clothes in second-hand markets? No
- What habits would you like to work on when it comes to your consumption habits? Nothing worth mentioning