Journal Entry For
Project 2 - Interviews
Team Members: @Sean Yepez @Mason @Eugenie Lee
- Supporting anything with a long term recovery.
- Assessment of disaster types: “pick one as your primary” “adapted” “food, communication, power, clean water”
- Look into Puerto Rico Hurricane: People lived for a year without power or knowledge.
- People went for months without having their supplies.
- Long recovery.
- “Hurricane feels good.”
- Katrina, East Coast.
- War: Servicepeople in Iraq.
- Resource includes power and distribution of foodstuffs.
- GK: Ukraine - bombed and normal infrastructure is out. People still live in their homes.
- Earthquake: Sitting at home 7.0 earthquake happens. New constructions, wall cracking holes still standing.
- Fires: When that one happens, you just don’t have a home.
- Flood: Waters subside, lots of cleanup.
- Concept: Not a surgical headquarters, mobile community resource center.
- Create communities in places where stuff has been wiped out
- Empower them to rebuild.
- They don’t have to become refugees and live their home because we take care of their day to day needs.
- GK: Resilience play.
- “Do it in a low resource way”
- Assume its built in a very sustainable way.
- “Food and agriculture” - not required that we stay within this
- Parts of Asia, reinforced masonry gets knocked out because entire towns collapse.
- Day spot to get power, find out about info, get