Journal Entry For
Project 2 - Testing Session 1
Testing Notes (Day 1)
See if you can think through the Who? What? Why? When? & Where?
What is our key takeaway from todays testing interviews?
- people like spaces built around the students and professors needs
- Positive response to combined indoor/outdoor spaces
- wishlist for student space:
- coffee shop / communal center
- personal study spaces
- educationally related social spaces
- things that promote socializing and exchanging of ideas that are NOT classrooms
- Colin’s examples of forced passage ways that make you meet people
- “alternative learning spaces”
Avarash & Filippe:
What about lecture based classrooms?
- the polygon shape could work well for a lecture hall (often already a semi-circle design)
- concerns about traffic in the inner circle if classes are being let out at the same time
- security concerns about the circular egress what about fire drills?
- what about adding an “outdoor space” inside the building? inner atrium concept with live growth walls and trees inside the building
Sam & Shitoshi:
- Treehouse analogy that is more relaxing to learn in
- more spaces to just think and focus rather than exposing yourself to the pressures of higher education
- need to detail airflow more
George & Jay TA:
- what about nodules being smaller spheres hanging off the side of the building?
- carless campus idea? only accessible via public transit?
- likes indoor/outdoor concept and idea of a place that feels outdoors even if indoors
- How many people do you plan to fit in
- How do you segregate the departments
- What If somebody has 2 majors
- Distance between buildings
- People like the outdoor part
- Add more greenery or garden.
- Making the sketch better
- Better presentation
- The idea is too broad, you can be a bit more specific.
- How is this sustainable?