Why am I creating a prototype?
The type of feedback that will be most helpful for refining and improving my product idea is:
- Does this seem like a product that would be worth $30-40 as a device for your kitchen?
- Would you take these steps to preserve greens?
- Would you put this in your fridge if it helped you eat and save more lettuce?
- Don’t really need to store greens for that long, we just eat at the same rate we buy stuff so maybe there isn’t really a need for this?
- Other items that come to mind that you could prolong life of:
- leftovers and other already-cooked foods
- Maybe this is better for commercial use for transportation of lettuce?
What product features will I prototyping? And why? What do I hope to learn from testing this feature?
- Built-in ethylene gas filters
- Spring loaded vacuum sealing disc
- Textured exterior grip for twist motion (imagine notches in a gear wheel w a rubberized grip)
- Internal spring mechanism provides torque sucking out air without pushing back on user
- Tri-pocket storage bags
How will you prototype and share these features with others to get their feedback?
I plan to create a box that will roughly physically model the container (“Green House Leaf Keeper”) concept I have come up with.
I’ve used mostly cardboard and blue painters tape to represent the different parts of the design as well as Ziploc freezer bag to represent my new bay innovation concept.