Link to Student
Journal Entry For
Project 1 - Testing Session 2
Use this page to collect your initial thoughts about issues to be addressed in your Elevator Pitch. Plesae jot down a few ideas in each of the follow sections.
- What are the considerations that will affect peoples’ decisions about whether to adopt and use your design idea.
- Are there potential barriers that will slow down adoption, or that you’ll need to overcome.
- What aspects of the existing situation will need to change?
- the design needs to be gentle, not too harsh on punishment
- How willing people are want to improve their driving, even if it means driving less aggressively
- What’s the pricing model for your idea?
- Is there an upfront cost? Or a subscription cost?
- Are there any rebates or other financial incentives that will help lower the cost and reward the behavior?
- Upfront cost, subscription model makes no sense
- Likely as compact and cheap as possible, doesn’t need too much circuitry
- How does your design idea improve sustainability?
- How big is the problem now? What’s the baseline that you’ll compare your idea to?
- What delta will this make? How can you quantify or measure the impact of your design idea? And how big a difference could your design idea make?
- The design is supposed to encourage people to drive more safely and more sustainably
- Given many people have to drive anyways, it’s best to at least improve those aspects
- Ideally, even if the difference is not too big for one person, this product would be used by many people, compounding into a much bigger affect
- Measurement can be done using the device
- What else is available to your users now? What options do they have?
- Are there other products or services that promise similar results?
- How do you compare to them?
- Normal LED ambient lighting strips, they’re usually only a solid color
- Not really, I would say the closest thing are the eco meters already built into cars, but these aren’t dynamic to the lighting
Use of Design Thinking / Human-Centeredness
- How does this design idea address the essential need identified in your POV statement?
- How did your design idea evolve based on the steps in the design thinking process? (Observing > Interviewing > Defining a POV > Ideating > Prototyping > Testing > Interating)
- The use of ambient lighting would improve the mood of drivers while a display keeping track of costs would make more financially minded drivers drive more economically
What’s the Roadmap?
- Is there an path of future development that could evolve from and extend your design idea?
- How could your design idea grow?
- In the future, this idea could be implemented directly into car systems, rather than as an add-on product