After completing this lesson, students will be able to:
- Understand the importance of considering power use and innovative power-generation features as part of the green design process.
- Estimate the electrical demand created by typical lighting fixtures and other building loads.
- Explore the effect of using high-efficiency lighting fixtures and controls on reducing power use.
- Investigate the impact of using photovoltaic panels to generate power and reduce demand on utilities.
- Understand the LEED credits available for incorporating power efficiency and alternative power-generation measures in designs.