What will you share with your users to interact with?
For each feature that you're testing, how will you use your prototypes?
- Automated heating and cooling - show the location of the heater and chiller units and explain their automation
- Notification system for pH imbalance - show the pH indicator and explain how it will be paired with an app that notifies the user when the pH is imbalanced
- Noise reduction foam layer - show the placement of the foam and explain how it greatly reduces vibrations and noise from the air pump
- Open-Top Foldable Cover - show them the design of the cover and explain how it will block most of the light in conjunction with the design of the top casing angling the LED lights down
- Weight and flexibility - give them product-similar-objects of different weights and forms
What will you ask them to do?
What will you ask users to do with your prototypes?
- Ask them to look at the overall design
- Encourage them to analyze the break downs and ask questions
- Have them critique the aesthetic of the design
- Ask them to move the weight and flexibility testing objects around or to place them somewhere to feel their flexibility
What will you observe?
What you will be observing and noting as you watch users interact with your prototypes?
- Their opinion of the noise produced by the air pump and the measures taken to reduce it
- Their concerns about the maintence or smell
- Their comfort with the LED lights being on for long periods
- When asking them to move around the objects of different weights and forms we can carefully observe what emotions appear on their faces
- When they try to place the products of different forms somewhere we may observe whether the users could easily find the way on how to do it or it was challenging
What will you ask them to share feedback on after the testing?
What questions will you ask your users after they've had a chance to interact with and explore your prototypes?
- What do you think about the level of maintence required?
- Where would you want to have this product in your home?
- How confident do you feel in the viability of this product?
- What is the most acceptable weight size for you?
- Which form/shape should the product take? (should it be placed on floor or be attached to a wall?)