Outline your testing protocol--a description of the steps that anyone on your team can follow to gather feedback from testing. It should include the following sections. IMPORTANT - You should not explain all the features of your service or app or lead your users thru a demonstration of its design features. For truly useful feedback, allow your users to interact with your prototypes and discover its features. Try to be an observer, not a tour guide. Answer any questions that come up as users interact with the prototypes, but keep in mind that asking "what do think will happen?" or "how do you think that might work?" will solicit very useful information about what's going on in the user's mind. Don't try to sell or pitch your product to your users. You're not trying to convince them that your product is good. Rather, you're hoping to learn from observing and hearing how they feel about your product. Then, after users have had a chance to explore your prototypes, you can ask about any specific issues that you'd like them to share their feedback on.
What will you share with your users to interact with?
For each feature that you're testing, how will you use your prototypes?
- Feature 1: Mapping
- Feature 2: Ride Scheduling
- Feature 3: Ride Joining
- Feature 4: General App UI
What will you ask them to do?
What will you ask users to do with your prototypes?
- Navigate through the app, which we will present and guide.
- Schedule a (test) ride in the app
- Join a (test) ride in the app
What will you observe?
What you will be observing and noting as you watch users interact with your prototypes?
- How easy they can navigate the app in its current form. / note 1
- What they want to see in the app, or in other words, what they want to be able to access. / note 2
- Map opinions, or what they would want to see in a live map, and if they get confused in any part of the scheduling/joining process / note 3
Notes to be filled in w/ feedback.
What will you ask them to share feedback on after the testing?
What questions will you ask your users after they've had a chance to interact with and explore your prototypes?
- How open are you to the carpooling aspect of our app?
- What did you think about the ride scheduling/joining?
- What did you think about the sign-in and live mapping?
- What improvements to the flow of the app could be made?
- Is there any more information you would want to see?
- Are there any app connections you would want to see? (i.e a calendar notification system, social media connection, etc)