Point of View Statement
[Keen Kirito] needs [a resourceful and private place to read and study] because [he finds it hard to focus in an open space, and he doesn't have many resources at home].
Design Program / Goals
The design goals that our team has chosen to target as we address the needs that we've identified include:
- General Efficiency
- It is measured by how much power we use to operate the building, and how much of that cost is avoided/reduced by sustainable means.
- Target: Limiting our energy usage by using natural lighting and insulation
- It is measured by the amount of space each person has, the amount of seating, the designated spaces, the temperature regulation, the safety of the space, and the noise level.
- Target: Ensuring comfort for the guests
- Tablets to reduce paper usage:
- It is measured by the amount of books we do not use and thus the amount of trees we save.
- Target: Reduce paper waste by eliminating paper books from the library