Who Did You Interview?
- Fellow student originating from Hong Kong
Demographics That Might Provide Helpful Context for Their Responses
- 22 years old
- Currently studying virtually from Hong Kong
- Likes to spend time with her family
Key Findings from the Interview
- What features of a house are most important from you?
- Are you insured against natural disasters?
- How much space do you and your family need in your house?
My interview partner pointed out that for her a safe home is the most important issue. Given that she lives in Hong Kong, different extreme weather conditions may occur and her family's house was often damagerd.
She stated that her family does not have the financial capabilities to insure themselves against natural disasters. The premium for such insurance is very high and there are only few people she knew that are insured against it.
My interview partner shared her house with her siblings and parents. Though she found that for her the room arrangement and interior matters more than the pure size of the house (in terms of squared meters).