Who Did You Interview?
Demographics That Might Provide Helpful Context for Their Responses
- Of the baby boomer generation
- Highly educated homeowner
- Lives with husband and son
Key Findings from the Interview
- Sees solar as the key avenue with which renewable energy can be pursued and implemented, acknowledged unlimited supply of energy and emphasized the need for it to be affordable and easy to access, which the sun always is.
- Views it as important for a hypothetical personal RE product to have an appealing design to subtly communicate that renewables are "cool" and the "it-technology" of the future
- Thinks part of an effective marketing strategy would be to inform the public about what the product is doing to promote sustainability so that they feel like by using it they are making meaningful change.