Who Did You Interview?
Demographics That Might Provide Helpful Context for Their Responses
- 49 years old, 2 children
- A highly educated psychiatrist
- Environmentally conscious
- Has the means to purchase services
Key Findings from the Interview
- My mother uses multiple services that help her to be more sustainable, like Blue Land Cleaning Supplies, a service that ships biodegradable packaged cleaning tablets that can be added to reusable spray cans with water. This by itself is a hugely sustainable service whose only issue is slow delivery speed.
- We also pay extra for a wind-power electricity subscription, WindSource, so that Xcel Energy will provide us with a majority of wind power for our home.
- This may not be a good business model, however, because it relies on the consumer wanting to pay more simply for sustainability, not a better service. My mother is the type of person to do this, but other people will want to cut costs for themselves to be sustainable.
- We could make a service that lowers the price of or outsources solar/wind energy to make it more appealing to people and also make money.