Who Did You Interview?
- school friend's older sister
Demographics That Might Provide Helpful Context for Their Responses
- Rising sophomore in college
- Older sister of person 1; attends Brown University, pretty wealthy and lives in big house
Key Findings from the Interview
- What apps do you use (apart from messages, email, games, etc) that impact your day to day life? How do they change your actions (ex. Do you use a GPS every day? etc)?
- She said she uses spotify, webtoon, netflix, and uber the most
- She posts her own story on webtoon so that affects her life a lot, since she interacts with it a lot
- Why do you use this app? Do you find it easy to use?
- (she chose webtoon) she posts her own story as well as reads a lot of other people’s stories
- She finds it convenient and a good platform
- What problems do those apps address in your life?
- It helps her get her art “out there” she says, and helps her to express her creativity
- For the reader’s perspective, she says that she likes reading short stories that update every so often rather than committing to tons of full books
- What do the services or apps do very well?
- She says she loves the community webtoon provides, both for authors and for readers
- What don't they do very well that you'd like to improve?
- She doesn’t like how the home screen is set up, she says it is unintuitive and not very user friendly
- Do you use any sustainability related apps? If so, what are they?
- She said she does not, but if any exist she would like to use them
- Can you come up with any ideas of sustainability-related online services or apps you need? What types of apps would be most beneficial to the environment that you think you would actually use?
- She says that if she were to use a sustainability app, it would need to be something that she can’t do on her own and would need specifically an app for