In this test, you'll open a shared Cloud Revit model from within the Revit application.
Steps to Follow
- Accept the Email Invitation to the Shared Autodesk Construction Cloud Project
- Before you can complete this test, you must:
- Send Renate and the course assistants your Autodesk ID to get invited to the shared project on Autodesk Construction Cloud.
- Accept the email invitation from Autodesk to join the Autodesk Construction Cloud project.
- Use your web browser to open the Autodesk Construction Cloud web interface at: https://acc.autodesk.com
- Login with your Autodesk ID.
- Open the CEE 222 - Global AEC Testing 2023 project.
- If you have used BIM 360 or Autodesk Construction Cloud before and your Autodesk ID has been linked to another account or project, you might not see CEE 222 - Global AEC Testing 2023 listed at the top of the screen. If this is true, click on the project name and pull down the menu, then choose CEE 222 - Global AEC Testing 2023 from the list of projects that are available to you.
- Navigate into the Project Files > Cloud Revit Models folder and confirm that you can see this Cloud Revit model in the list: Arch_Model v2023.rvt
- Close the Autodesk Construction Cloud web interface.
- Open the Revit 2023 application.
- Important: Sign in using your Autodesk ID by choosing Sign In from the Account menu at the upper right corner of the Revit application window.
- On the Revit Home screen, click the Autodesk Docs link in the navigation bar at the left side of the screen.
- When you click the Autodesk Docs link, the right side of the screen should display:
- A pull-down menu at the top of the screen that includes the projects that you are a member of.
- A list of the folders and files contained within the selected project. At the top level, this list includes folders named For the Field and Project Files.
- If the Autodesk Docs link doesn't appear on your Revit Home screen, or if the Stanford BIM360 EDU-CEE > CEE 222 - Global AEC Testing 2023 project doesn't appear in the pull-down menu of projects, please email the course assistants to get your Autodesk ID added to the Autodesk Construction Cloud project.
- If you have used Autodesk Construction Cloud or BIM 360 before and your Autodesk ID has been linked to another account, you might not see Stanford BIM360 EDU-CEE listed as the account at top of the screen. If this is true, pull down the menu and click Change Account to switch to the Stanford BIM360 EDU-CEE account.
- If you don't see CEE222 - Global AEC Testing 2023 listed as the current project at the top of the screen, pull down the menu and select CEE 222 - Global AEC Testing 2023 from the list of available projects.
Test 5: Edit a Cloud Revit Model and Synchronize Changes