Practice Exercise (Optional)
Download Practice File: Starting Point
- Draw a profile on Level 1 and extrude it to create a 3D form.
- Open the Level 1 plan view.
- Open the In-Place Mass tool and sketch a profile on the work plane. Make sure that this profile forms a continuous loop.
- Select all segments of the profile, then use the Create Form tool to extrude it into a 3D form.
- Try moving the faces of the 3D form to reshape your conceptual model.
- Open the 3D Masses view.
- Select the top face of the form and try moving it up or down. You can:
- Drag the blue arrow on the move widget.
- Enter a new value in the temporary dimension to move a precise distance.
- Select one of the vertical faces of the form and try moving it forward or backward. You can:
- Drag the green or red arrow on the move widget (depending on the direction desired).
- Enter a new value in the temporary dimension.
- Try moving an edge of the form to create a sloping wall surface.
- Select one of the top edges of the form.Drag the green or red arrow on the move widget (depending on the direction desired).
- Try moving a point on the form to create a surface with curvature.
- Select a corner point (vertex) on the form. You may need to hit the tab key a few times to select it.
- Drag an arrow on the move widget (depending on the direction desired) to the new location.
- You can also enter new values into any of the temporary dimensions that appear for precise placement.
When you have completed this exercise, your model should look like the end point:
Download File: Ending Point