Why are we creating prototypes?
The type of feedback that will be most helpful for refining and improving our product idea is:
- What are your concerns with solar energy (energy consistency/storage) / Person 1 wants a note of how full the battery is, schedule of
- Aesthetic concerns / Approved of design of casing and folding, recommended painting of casing. There were not many aesthetic concerns.
- Spatial concerns / Must be relatively small/compact, else it looses its appeal over the larger/expensive alternatives
- Propose prices / Must be cheaper than roof solar, must have similar watt/dollar efficiency.
What product features are we prototyping? And why? What do we hope to learn from testing this feature?
- Battery & adapter — Size of battery, and need for battery?
- Physical appearance of panels — paintjobs of casing, shape of panel (IFF it doesn't interfere with efficiency)
- Spatial dimension options — Would people want a larger or smaller battery/casing? Would they be willing to have a larger product for more production or a small product for portability?
- Storage option — deciding on whether or not the storage should allow for the panel to be more portable
How will you prototype and share these features with others to get their feedback?
We plan to create a prototype by sketching and using CAD, as well as a chart/graph of statistics of solar panel benefits/efficiency/cost
We plan to edit sketches, app UI and design, and improve conciseness of connectivity information