Who Did You Interview?
Demographics That Might Provide Helpful Context for Their Responses
- Younger (16)
- High School Student (Senior)
- Lives in Suburban Housing
Key Findings from the Interview
- How do you use community spaces?
- He uses them for communicating with others and gathering information.
- What community spaces do you use specifically?
- He uses public skate parks, community pools, and parks.
- What do you do there?
- He hangs out with his friends and finds a source of entertainment.
- Why do you use these community spaces versus other spaces with similar activities? (What do they do better?)
- He uses some skate parks over others because they have lights at night and have a wider range of obstacles.
- What are the most attractive aspects of the spaces you like?
- He prefers places that are organized and have a calm aesthetic.
- What are the least attractive aspects of these that you don't like?
- He does not prefer places that are loud and chaotic.
- How often do you typically use these spaces and for how long?
- He uses them two days a week for about an hour or two.
- If you could, what would you change about these spaces and why?
- He would add more features to the community spaces to make them look better, and he would expand their size so that more people had access to them.