Who Did You Interview?
Demographics That Might Provide Helpful Context for Their Responses
- 47 years old
- 2 children
- A doctor who enthusiastically runs a clinic for spine injections
- Higher socioeconomic status
- Has learned a moderate amount of sustainability practices
Key Findings from the Interview
- Nurses take the clinic trash out almost three times a day due to the amount of paper waste (gowns, shoe covers, ect) that end up in the trash can.
- My father and others in the clinic care about patient safety more than anything else- any sustainable product we create would have to be more effective or just as effective as the existing solution to warrant using it.
- There are many single use wires (from the O2, EKG, Pulsox, and IV) in the operating room that create clutter and even pose a threat to safety.
- Certain medical tools that are more expensive or complex are often sent off-site to be properly cleansed and repurposed for later use, a service aspect.