No Lecture Sessions
For this online class, there will not be any regularly scheduled lecture sessions to present new materials. All of the learning materials are available as modules in Canvas, so you can view the class materials online and work at your convenience.
Typical Learning Module Format
Each class module is broken into a series of submodules that focus on a specific topic. In each of these submodules, you’ll find:
- Workflow -- a slide presentation showing the overall workflow for this topic.
- Demo -- a screen recording demonstrating the skills outlined in the workflow.
- Practice -- an optional exercise (typically 5 minutes) to give you an opportunity to practice what you’ve just learned.
- Check-In -- a few discussion questions to reinforce the key points in the module.
Each class module has a design project that gives you an opportunity to use your building modeling skills to develop and share a proposed design to meet the requirements of a realistic project.
Weekly Check-In Sessions
We’ll have an online check-in session every week. These sessions will be recorded and available to view later if you cannot attend the live session.
Setting Up Your Computer
Install the Class Software
Please install the class software on your own personal computer, so you can work anywhere and anytime that is convenient for you:
Storing Your Files
- Store your files on your personal computer or a cloud drive (for example, our Autodesk Construction Cloud Documents site, Google Drive, Box, or OneDrive), so you can access your files from anywhere.
- To be extra careful, it’s also wise to carry a copy of your files on a USB drive, so you always have a copy – even when internet connectivity isn’t available.