Stanford students can install the ETABS application on their computers to perform structural analysis and design by following these steps.
Note: You must be connected to the Stanford network environment (on-campus or via the VPN) to use our network license server for ETABS.
Before you get started, you must configure your computer to point to the IP address of our ETABS network license server by creating a new System Environment Variable:
- Open the Windows Advanced system settings dialog.
- On Windows 8: Open the Windows Control Panel > System > Advanced tab
- On Windows 10: Navigate to Control Panel > Windows Settings > System and Security > System > Advanced System Settings to open the System Properties dialog.
- Download the latest version of the ETABS software directly from CSI using the CSI Installation Wizard
- Run the ETABS Setup application.
- When prompted to Select Licensing Model, choose: Install ETABS for use with network license key.
- Click Next.
- The installer will look for our license manager at cee-license.stanford.edu. When it locates the license manager, click Next.
- IMPORTANT: This will only work if you are connected to the Stanford VPN.
- When the installation is complete, double-click the ETABS icon on your desktop or select Computers and Structures > ETABS from the Windows Start menu.