Design Goal: What Does Sustainability Mean To You?
What Inspirational Examples Can We Learn From?
- Nest Learning Thermostat: The Nest Learning Thermostat has helped save more than 3,000,000,000 kWh of energy to date.
- SESI: Stanford Energy System Innovations: This new system, along with Stanford’s solar power procurement, has reduced campus emissions by 72% from peak levels. In its first year of operation it saved 18% of campus potable water.
- Sustainably harvested materials or readily renewables with low bodied energy + resource use
- Recycled materials
- No toxic waste
- Cleaning the rivers of the world
- The planting collaboration project
- Solar lighting for African homes: Leapfrog innovation
- Waste management systems
- Climate Action Team