What Does Sustainability mean?
- Optimum energy use - using wind, solar panels, and other natural means to supply energy
- High rating on ASHRAE for going green - As buildings develop over time there is a need for much more green space (trees, plants) and buildings want to produce as low carbon emission as possible.
- A great sense of structure - Whether this applies to the actual structure itself holding up the building or the different trades inside (HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical).
- Amazing Floor to Area ratio - A sustainable building should utilize the space that its on to the best of its ability and try and not waste any space if necessary.
- Water Management - Recycling water inside or using a system to collect natural water from outside.
What Inspirational Examples can we learn from?
- The New York Tower (Created by: Studio Daniel Libeskind) - NYC is trying to create more green spaces. A brilliant way to complete this is to create tall buildings that go high in the sky that have green terraces on them. They are looking to build this tower on top of an already existing building.