Why am I creating a prototype?
The type of feedback that will be most helpful for refining and improving my product idea is:
- Whether they would use my product if they lived near a grocery store versus not(?)
- Things that make it inconvenient for the user, or any ways to make it easier to use
- or more time-saving
- Any possibility for extra cost, since buying local is cheaper but there might be other added costs for transportation.
- Whether this product would help or inconvenience them in their daily lives
- Would it be a time sink, relative to what you normally do for food?
- Would it make them spend more money or time on transportation?
- Would the added convenience or inconvenience dissuade you from the sustainability
- If you used this product, would you start eating healthier?
- Would being connected with local farms and food banks make you feel more a part of the community?
- Do you value being a part of the food community/ecosystem more than you value your personal time?
- Is this due to a lack of time, or other engagements/activities you believe are more important?
- If this service was centered on ordering from wherever instead of prioritizing local sources, would this change your belief in its sustainability or in its purportedly beneficial relationship with the food system?
What product features will I prototyping? And why? What do I hope to learn from testing this feature?
- The physical watch, so people can say whether they’d be able to read from it.
- Also a poster for it.
- The user communication experience
- To see if it would be perceived as reliable. (UNFINISHED)
- A model of one user’s journey, and other services associated with the product
- The relationship with local farms, food banks and pantries, ranches, etc.
How will you prototype and share these features with others to get their feedback?
I plan to create a paper model of the watches, and a virtual poster detailing the user’s intended experience.