Who Did You Interview?
- A 25-year-old male from Greece.
Demographics That Might Provide Helpful Context for Their Responses
- Age: 25
- Gender: Male
- Location: Greece
Key Findings from the Interview
- The interviewee initially engaged in sports, particularly playing football for fun during their younger years. However, when they went to college, they shifted their focus to going to the gym.
- The interviewee's priority in going to the gym was to take care of their health, improve their appearance, and feel better. They mentioned enjoying wearing new clothes that fit them well and seeking validation from others.
- In the past year, the interviewee went to the gym four times a week with rest days in between, with the goal of gaining muscle. They also incorporated biking into their fitness routine but experienced some muscle loss due to traveling. They are now focused on regaining muscle by returning to the gym.
- Initially, the interviewee had limited knowledge about gym equipment and routines but received training at their university's gym workshop. They started their fitness journey alone but express a desire to find a gym buddy when they return to school.
- The main motivation for the interviewee is to look good, improve their physical appearance, and feel confident.
- They prefer tracking their fitness progress on paper using tracking sheets provided by their university.
- The interviewee expresses an interest in trying dancing as a fitness activity. They are drawn to the elegance, harmonious movement, and expression involved in dancing, both with a partner and alone. They see it as a way to feel more alive and experiment with new things.
- Social influence plays a significant role in the interviewee's fitness journey. They mention that even when working out alone in the gym, seeing others exercise and their physique indirectly motivates and influences them. They are inspired by people who look nice and have achieved results through fitness.
These key findings highlight the interviewee's transition from sports to gym workouts, their focus on appearance and validation, their previous and current gym routine for muscle gain, their interest in finding a gym buddy, their motivation to look good, their preference for tracking progress on paper, their curiosity about dancing as a form of self-expression, and the influence of others in their fitness journey, both in terms of physique and motivation.