Change isn't easy!
While we can often list a bunch of very rational reasons for why someone should want to change, they often resist. When users have choice, we need to assess and help them move through the steps of accepting and acting on the change.
Journey Maps are a very useful framework for:
- capturing the traits of a specific user profile and their needs
- list the steps in the user's journey
- itemizing their their needs at each step in the journey
- capturing your assessment of their emotional journey -- how are they feeling? -- at every step of the way
- identifying opportunities to improve the journey
- ideating about ways to deliver on those opportunities
Here are some examples of Journey Maps for:
Switching Mobile Phone Plans
Shopping for a New Car