Point of View Statement
[Anxious Adam] needs [a commercial space designed to not overstimulate the senses(by being less crowded, less noisy, not as bright, with not as strong smells)] because [He wants to comfortably join commercial shopping places ]
Minimum Viable Product
Our design is a [a commercial space designed separate from the rest of the shopping mall, with a calmer nuance to not overstimulate the senses].
The essential design features that must be present to deliver value and meet the challenges of this POV statement include:
- Dim, natural lighting
- Sound-proof walls, (individual, single-person rooms?)
- Basic sensory items of various textures, try to keep them all "safe" ones
- unscented cleaning products & such minimize the smells
- A bit of calm nuance with waterfall sound and a few greenery
- With a limited number of people
- Rick Lee
- typical resting style in the middle of the shopping mall
- maybe 4 of these in the mall, main, small, outside, connected to another mall
- people want to rest halfway in the mall
- do not put the walls or make the walls innovative that makes people inside not constrained.
- Moustafa Banbouk
- sounds cool, maybe the fountain or pond is interesting. not a big one but a medium one.
- it could be open and close at the same time.
- in my country in Lebanon, there is a similar place,
- Nicole McKellar
- putting walls will make it claustrophobic
- I like the pond, but it is better to have a grassy area as well.
- to have a sound barrier
- to having light at night
- to have a place for water during hot time
- Air Sussman
- you cannot limit sensory because the reason for the mall is for crowd
- you may want to limit the color.
- keep the design comparably simple.
- a space for stargazing
- rainy days can use for a place to rest
- a good place to rest for private but open
- Olivia Doman
- I like the idea where we can actually have a calm space
- I like this place to be a calm space
- I would suggest the name to be calm space
- Anna Christina
- I feel like people will want to eat some food
- would you want people to come to the place?
- I like the idea that this will be a resting area
- the rooftop might get heated, what would you do about this?