Who Did You Interview?
- Civil and Environmental Engineering Student
Demographics That Might Provide Helpful Context for Their Responses
- 20 years old
- Student at the American University of Beirut
Key Findings from the Interview
- Being a Civil Engineer student, can you describe sustainable energy?
Sustainable energy is energy that combines the aspects of sustainability. It should include environmental, economic, and social aspects.
- In another interview, we were discussing the high costs of sustainable energy. What is your view on that?
He thinks that the price of the product can vary a lot depending on its needs, usage, and even sustainability. For instance, a product that has high efficiency and is eco-friendly can be a bit expensive. However, with the right balance in these aspects, affordable products can be found.
- Why do you think that sustainable energy products are expensive?
He believes that the technology is developing right now and as the case of every new technology it can be a bit expensive at first. However, with time it will be accessible to everyone. In addition, the high cost of sustainable energy sources such as solar energy can be a bit expensive at first but on the long term it is a good investment.