What will you share with your users to interact with?
For each feature that you're testing, how will you use your prototypes?
- Story game aspect - let users walk through a learning session/story and analyze reaction and if they want to keep learning
- Opportunities/task list at the end of the levels - ask users if this list is effective and if they would actually do things on it or just stick to plain learning
- Community/competitive aspect - ask users if this aspect motivates them or frustrates them?
What will you ask them to do?
What will you ask users to do with your prototypes?
- Ask people to walk through a story and ask for reaction?
- Ask how they feel about competition in these kinds of games- a good analogy is asking whether the competition aspect of Duolingo motivates them or detracts them from using the app?
What will you observe?
What you will be observing and noting as you watch users interact with your prototypes?
- Analyze users' interest levels and how they react, aka expressions or emotions they are feeling. Ask them how they are feeling and what they are thinking as they go through app. Are they engaged? Excited to use it? Bored? Frustrated? etc. / note 1
- Analyze HOW users use and interact with the app. Do they understand what each part/tab of the app does? Can they navigate easily or do they have to ask tons of questions? Do they seem to go through the app easily and understand things quickly? / note 2
- Analyze whether or not users feel motivated or inspired to act after going through a learning session. Does the list of opportunities and tasks inspire them to actually act? / note 3
What will you ask them to share feedback on after the testing?
What questions will you ask your users after they've had a chance to interact with and explore your prototypes?
- How do you feel about the story aspect of this app? Do you think it would be conducive to your learning style? How effective do you think this aspect is in keeping you excited and engaged?
- What age groups do you think would find this app useful?
- How long do you think you would use this app each day/how frequently?
- Would this app motivate you to actually act and do something in your life to help the issues you are learning about?
- What do you think of the competition aspect of the app?