- Brainstorm of features
- Feature 1: Labeled cups and trashcan
- Modification: Labeling
- Compostable Label
- Feature 2: Coffee grind as dirt for a take home plant
- Physical Prototype
Brainstorm of features
Feature 1: Labeled cups and trashcan
- Two paper cups, one labeled one not
- A4 sheet of paper with three circles, each indicating a trashcan
- Bag or cloth of some sort to cover labeled cup
The user will then be asked to place the unlabeled cup into the trash first, after making their decision, they can unveil the cloth and make a decision to place the second cup into a trash can.
- Check to see whether the second decision was easier to make
Later on I changed this design by actually labeling the first cup (unlabeled cup) on the bottom, as mentioned by Jay (TA). This would help to emphasize that by labeling the cups in a more visible manner would help the user do better in sorting their trash.
I then search up the symbol for compostable material, and integrated that into the labels for the two cups.
This way, the design is much more official, and the user would learn and remember this symbol when they make their decision.
Feature 2: Coffee grind as dirt for a take home plant
The rules of the one flower = one coffee goes as follows:
- When a costumer purchases 25 cups of coffee, they will receive a cup of composted dirt and seeds (with instructions).
- When the flower has fully grown, the costumer can bring the flower back and plant it in the community garden outside of the coffee shop, along with a placard with their name on it.
- At the same time, the costumer will receive a free cup of coffee.
However, costumers also have another choice:
- Purchase a cup of composted dirt and seeds (with instructions).
- Repeat the 2-3 as mentioned above.