Link to Student
Journal Entry For
Project 1 - Composite Characters
Composite Character Profiles
Composite Character 1: Confused Tree Hugger
- Typically >40yo and can be male or female
- Advocate for sustainable practices, but are blissfully unaware (or ignorant) to the many things in their life that are wasteful or environmentally un-friendly. e.g. they recycle relentlessly and preach sustainability but overuse paper and plastics in their everyday life.
- Generally this character is at least 25 years old and college educated enough to have strong opinions and back up those opinions with facts
Composite Character 2: The Lazy Good Guy
- Male in their 30s who cares about the planet and environment, but just doesn’t have time for it.
- Will make their best efforts to recycle and practice sustainable habits if easy and made available to them.
- At the end of the day, they care, but not enough to go out of their way or buy specialty products.
Composite Character 3: Affluent Foodie
- Female aged anywhere from 30-50 who loves cooking and considers themselves a foodie but doesn’t have the time (to cook or live more sustainably).
- Relies heavily on meal and grocery delivery services.
- Price agnostic.
- Will buy ANYTHING that makes her feel good about herself and helping the planet
Composite Character 4 Amateur Chef
- Can be male or female aged 40-70yo.
- More familiar with food usage and waste in the kitchen than most people.
- Keenly aware of time, meal prep, food’s shelf life, and how to preserve ingredients.
- Will invest in food/kitchen appliance products but is very selective about what they have in their kitchen.