Point of View Statement
Lucy the lettuce lover is a health conscious home cook who needs an affordable way to store and prolong the life of her leafy greens. If she could prolong the life of her produce, she would be more inclined to increase her monthly consumption of sustainably grown produce.
Minimum Viable Product
Tall plastic storage bags with layered compartments designed for lettuces that manage moisture levels extending storage life 2-3 weeks. Bags are vacuum sealable and comes in storage box that filters out ethylene gases so other foods in your fridge won’t interfere with your greens. Extends life of lettuce from 7-10 days to 14-21 days (2-3 weeks).
- Reusable (Dishwasher safe)
- Inside bag are 2-3 compartments separated by micro-sponge-like material that wicks away any remaining moisture from lettuce (which is meant to be washed before storage).
- Small spring loaded disc vacuum that user attached to bag and turns to suck out remaining air to create vacuum seal
- Storage box with built-in ethylene filter (see industrial product example)
Revised MVP Features:
- reusable material that is dishwasher safe
- aluminum? stainless steel?
- removable ethylene filter
- multiple sub-compartments