Who Did You Interview?
- One of the students participating in the same event
Demographics That Might Provide Helpful Context for Their Responses
- Female Indian undergraduate student
- Does not cook often
- Major in Computer Science
Key Findings from the Interview
- The foods at school cafeterias are much healthier in the U.S. than in India. Compared with her hometown, there are more fresh vegetables and fruits, and less oily dishes in the States. She mentioned that in India, people fry foods with spices, making the dishes unhealthy. However, she thinks the desserts are more sweet in America than in India.
- Although she knows that the spices in Indian foods are unhealthy, she still misses them and eats them on weekends.
- She feels the foods in school cafeterias are the same in the States and Canada. She thinks that not only the food menus but also the cooking styles are similar in both countries.