Link to Student
Journal Entry For
Project 1 - MVP Definition
Point of View Statement
Colin primarily wants to save money 💰 but is willing to evaluate the economic merits of sustainability projects (i.e. improve insulation & install solar 🛰️). Colin finds most environmentally-oriented sales pitches uncompelling because he finds the benefits challenging to quantify 🧮 (i.e. reduce personal impact of emissions). Since Colin is eco-curious and primarily economically minded, we’ll come up with a solution that will help him make an informed decision.
Minimum Viable Product
Define the simplest version of this product that delivers value and meets the challenges of this POV statement will have these essential features.
The simplest version of this product that delivers value and meets the challenges of this POV statement will have these essential features:
- Data warehouse/data lake using AI & internet scraping
- Inventory Energy Alternatives: Create and maintain data warehouse containing info on all types of green energy technologies available (features, performance data, cost)
- Inventory Latest incentives: Create and maintain data on current incentives
- Government (i.e. 2022 Inflation Reduction Act)
- Utility companies (i.e. Peninsula Clean Energy Heat pump water heater rebate and zero interest loan)
- Service providers (i.e. solar panel manufacturer or local contractors)
- Survey user:
- Survey user’s address & energy usage data.
- Take inventory of the user’s appliances, including age of units and fuel sources.
- Build adoption model:
- Based on Survey responses and Data Lake, identify alternate energy upgrades, such as appliances, insulation, and self-generation (i.e. solar panels).
- Present adoption model, providing user financial payback based on costs, incorporating incentives available in user’s area.
- Collaborate towards adoption
- Connect with platforms that recommend licensed contractors in the area (i.e. Angi’s List, TaskRabbit)
- Opt-in to send data collected to contractor for follow-up
- Pre-fill incentive application forms and tax rebates