Why am I creating a prototype?
The type of feedback that will be most helpful for refining and improving my product idea is:
- Is my product self-explanatory?
- Could you see yourself using this product?
- What could I do to improve my product so that it is more sustainable/useful?
What product features will I prototyping? And why? What do I hope to learn from testing this feature?
- User-friendly app - most people have smartphones and having an app would make my service more easy to use.
- Bikes/scooters that people will be able to rent/use - bikes are very popular when traveling short distances, but they are not being used to their full potential. My service will allow other people to use your bike when you are not, giving them more options for transportation while giving the owner passive income.
- A way to get the bike back to the owner - my service will let other people use your bike but when the owner wants to use it there will need to be a way for the bike to be returned to them so that they can use it for themselves.
How will you prototype and share these features with others to get their feedback?
I plan to create a template for an app so that people can see the features and how the service would work. The app will display the user’s location relative to the nearest bike that they can use. It will also display the bike’s details and show its condition while also having an area for people to leave reviews. I will not be able to actually test the usability of the bike/app.